We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both! - Justice Louis Brandeis
The goal is a 'representative democracy with economic, environmental and social justice for all in Pennsylvania'! To get there we need to have elected officials that represent and work for We the People not the wealthy elite.
For that to happen, we need a level playing field in the political arena. We need to fix the dysfunctional political system so the voices of We the People are heard in Pennsylvania. The five (5) areas listed on page one need to be addressed so that 'Good Government' legislation has a chance.
Our Good Government PA group is educating, publicizing, and advocating for legislation that will help restore a democracy with fairness and justice for all in Pennsylvania. We are working with other like-minded groups to achieve this.
Here are ways you can help:
1. Receive and open our weekly email updates every Wednesday for information about the Good Government Pa issues. Forward the update to a friend and encourage them to join us using the signup form on the website.
2. Join our 4th Wednesday (8 PM) GG conference call for updates from groups in our Pa Good Government Advocacy Network.
3. Start or be part of the local Good Government PA network in your county. (page 12 has more on this idea)
Other things you can do:
* Support and connect with the groups in our network which are listed on page three (3), especially Fair Districts Pa, Common Cause Pa, League of Women Voters Pa, March on Harrisburg, Represent PA, Poor People's Campaign PA, PA United to Amend and Citizens for Better Elections.
* Publicize our efforts with Letters to the Editor (LTE) and speaking out at local meetings and rallies. Send us LTE and Op-Ed's from across the state so we can post them on page 14.
* Stay informed about PA legislation that is pending (see page 4). Consider getting the daily update from PaLegis Notification.