We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both! - Justice Louis Brandeis
The goal is a 'democracy with economic, environmental and social justice for all in Pennsylvania'! To get there we need to have elected officials that represent and work for We the People not the wealthy elite.
For that to happen, we need a level playing field in the political arena. We need to fix the dysfunctional political system so the voices of We the People are heard in Pennsylvania. The five (5) areas listed on page one need to be addressed so that 'Good Government' legislation has a chance.
Our Good Government PA group is educating, publicizing, and advocating for legislation that will help restore a democracy with fairness and justice for all in Pennsylvania.
Here are ways you can help:
1. Receive and open our weekly email updates every Wednesday for info about the Good Government Pa issues. Share the email with others on your email list.
2. Help us build our email list by asking our friends and neighbors to join our weekly email group using the signup form on website.
3. Join our 4th Wednesday (8 PM) monthly GG conference call for current information about our actions.
4. Support and connect with groups which are listed on page three (3), especially Fair Districts Pa, Common Cause Pa, League of Women Voters Pa, March on Harrisburg and local Indivisible groups.
5. Publicize our efforts with Letters to the Editor (LTE) and speaking out at local meetings and rallies. Send us LTE and Op-Ed's from across the state so we can post them on page 14.
6. Stay informed about legislation that is pending (see page 4) in Pennsylvania. Consider getting the daily update from PaLegis Notifications.
7. Let your state elected officials know what you support. Check Here and enter your address and zip for a list of your elected officials. Copy or bookmark that page for future use. Click the globe symbol for your official to email your message.
8. Start a local Good Government Advocacy group in your PA House District or PA Senate District. (page 12 has more on this idea)